Saturday, February 26, 2011

spring 2011 : inspirations (part 1)

Everybody's posted about their spring inspirations and is now focussing on new A/W shows. It's then the most opportune time to talk about how I envision spring 2011. Believe it or not that post has been in my drafts quite some time now but lack of internet and a sudden disinterest or disbelief in anything further than tomorrow stopped me from posting it. The last few days have been on the sunny side and they got my mind back on spring.
Unfortunately, I don't have any inspirations coming from books or films but only a few colours, shapes and prints that caught my eyes mainly from the S/S11 collections. So here's a few words and pictures that outline my imagined Spring 2011.

colours
There's quite a lot of bold colours going on at the moment. I'm not so much interested in 'violent colour-blocking' a la Miu-Miu/Prada of this season but in adding a 'citrus' touch to a neutral or basic tone, like nude, navy or gray. I must say Karen Walker Spring 2011 ready to wear collection is probably my main inspiration this year.



Also I am really falling in love with the combination of citrus (lemon or tangerine) with pink.

Cacharel S/S 2011

Moschino S/S 2011

Karen Walker Spring 2011

Mint has been on my mind for quite some time now. I hope that Spring 2011 will be the time to wear it. I have been eyeing on the Dream Day skirt in sage for what it seems decades and I had saved a bit to splurge on it but 2011 decided to be a bitch so I guess it will have to wait.

That mushroom tone makes me weak at the knees :

Cacharel S/S2011

print and pattern
The seashell pattern in the stretsis A/W 2011 collection...
... and bird prints!
Swan print in TBA S/S 2011

nadinoo a/w 2011 2012 (screenshot taken from her lovely film)

Karen Walkers Spring 2011 - drawing from online shop Maximillia (if I had to pick one shop where I'd only be allowed to buy that would be the one)

the bell-shape
I guess it results from this whole winter layering taking from the seventies and the nineties (remember the potato look?) but Spring 2011 commands me to peel my onion-layers and reveal more lady-like and structured clothes. That's probably why the bell-shape has such an appeal to me at the moment. I do wish thou that I could combine bell-shape and midi length (I am still after the summer version of the new new look) but I couldn't see any S/S collection with both those traits.
I really like the combination of kitten heels (preferably mary-janes) and baby doll dresses.

Mia Farrow
Z Berg from The Like



Alexa Chung wearing Valentino
Orla Kiely S/S 2011

(read spring 2011 : inspirations part 2 here)

2 comments:

Ellen Burney said...

Couldn't agree more. X

earworm said...

you too you want to be a citrus-bell-lady this spring? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...