Monday, November 5, 2012

obsessed with: ... a pillow case (?!)


You know the way that wrinkles can tell a lot about your personality? Well, if that's the case, Apparently I'm a cynical lazy feck...

I have the lion's wrinkle (the one you get from frowning) and no laughing marks whatsoever. But there's a new one in town that is slowly but surely making its way into my permanent features. I call it the 'sleepy one'. You know that crease on the cheek you get from sleeping on one side. It's that one. I've always slept with the right side of my face on the pillow. While I don't really mind the 'frowny one' (I had some time getting used to it as I've had it since my late teens), the 'sleepy one' really annoys me. I am not sure that I like what it says about me. I always bought into women should age naturally, and all that jazz, but what I had in mind were wrinkles that tells what a funny, beaming person you are (like those little cute crow feet). Well, okay, I ain't that and I do like my sleep, but still, does my face have to betray my poor character?

I'm trying to do what I can with face products to soften it, but I feel like it's a losing battle. In a nutshell, I'm getting desperate. I've read somewhere that one way to avoid wrinkles is to sleep on your back and I've been trying that ever since but I'm useless, that foetus position habit is a die-hard. I then remembered checking the holistic silk website after seeing Lisa Eldridge's video on her long haul flight beauty regime where she showed a beautiful eye-mask filled with lavender.
I had a wander on the site and stumbled upon the above pillow, read its description:
Naturally dyed and hypoallergenic our ‘Anti Ageing’ Silk Pillowcases are beautifully smooth and could help slow down the onset of wrinkles and facial lines!  It won't soak up your night creams or crease your face as you sleep, and will keep your hair soft and silky and your skin serene.
And proceeded to snort and roll my eyes... (cynical much?).
Fast-forward five months later, I need to try this thing. I know it's silly, I know it's not going to work, but I need to-try-this-thing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...