Saturday, September 22, 2012

editorial #13: Girl On Top (Dazed & Confused May 2007)


I still remember seeing this picture when it got published. I hadn't realised at the time that it was part of a fashion editorial, even less that it was the product of Venetia Scott's lense, whom I had no clue about back then (she is today one of my favourite photographers... I like those little coincidences). My heart melted at the sight of it (then I quickly checked Doherty's fingers because that's what you did when you were a creepy silly fan like me). They were the most beautiful couple (I still think they are).
I stumbled on the full editorial at the start of this summer and liked it as much as the above picture. I decided to keep it for the beginning of the autumn as the black and white pictures, the trench coats, the wellies, the tea mugs, the plaid and the goosebumps on Kate's legs were more fitting for the start of this season.
The flowery dress she wears on the last picture reminds me of a candid I saw a long time ago of the couple. She wore a similar one (maybe it was the same) a pair of black leggings and black ballet flats. It looked so fresh and new and fantastic on her. I mustn't have been the only one thinking that as a few months later, summer dresses, leggings and flats were all you could see on the streets.
I sometimes feel nostalgic for this period and no later than a few days ago, my boyfriend and I tried to remember all the little bands that spawned in the exciting trail that The Libertines and The Strokes made on their passage. Does anyone remember The Rakes or The Littl'ans?








Magazine: Dazed & Confused May 2007
Photographer and stylist: Venetia Scott
Models: Kate Moss and Peter Doherty

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...