Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Singapore Journals part 5 - Botanic Gardens and ION Orchard

Another place I usually visit when I'm abroad -if there's any- is the botanic gardens. The Singapore ones are obviously different than most I've visited as there's no need for glass housing seeing how humid the country is. It looked like a big park more than anything else. I have to say what attracted us most is the promise of turtle sight made by my travel book. And we weren't disappointed (the baby turtle! its little hands!).





















On our way back we stopped at the ION orchard shopping centre, the most famous shopping area in Singapore. The shops close late (around 10pm) every day. Initially we meant to do it on our way over but it was crazy packed like Oxford Circus the day before Christmas... And it wasn't even Saturday... 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...